Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Superbowl Movie Spots: The Highs and Lows

During this year's Superbowl, several trailers for some of this summer's high profile blockbusters were aired. I can't say i enjoyed them all. Some left me wondering "what the hell was that?" and others left me thinking "I HAVE TO SEE THIS!" Check out the trailers below and feel free to give you opinions in the comments section of this post. (BTW, click on the title of each movie to see it's Wikipedia page and find out more about it.)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Rating: 7.5/10
Reasoning: Too flashy and too much going on for such a small screen but I'm sure everyone will be running to see this movie (including myself) because let's face it, it's a new Transformers movie and it will be AMAZING!

Star Trek

Rating: 8/10
Reasoning: I have to say that I really don't care about the whole Star Trek franchise but this trailer really sparked my interest in this movie as I'm sure it did for a lot of other people too. I could totally see myself going to see it this summer.

Year One

Rating: 5/10
Reasoning: When I saw this for the first time during the game, it actually seemed funny. Now watching it again I realized I really have no interest in seeing this. Just because Michael Cera was in Superbad and Juno doesn't mean he is instant box office gold. It looks like it'll still be bad. Sorry.

Monsters vs. Aliens 3D

Rating: 9/10
Reasoning: Ok i'll admit, I just watched this again with my 3D glasses on and it looks so good!
This trailer + another trailer for this movie that debuted a while back = FUNNY.
I am definitly going to see this and I don't care who I have to drag with me.

Angels and Demons

Rating: 4/10
Reasoning: 1) Tom Hanks. 2) It looks boring. 3) I had no desire to see The Da Vinci Code so why would I see the sequel?
Don't get me wrong, it probably appeals to people who read the books and what not, but this movie isn't for me.

Fast and Furious

Rating: 8/10
Reasoning: VERY smart move in bringing back the cast of the original movie. After adding Tyrese and "Bow Wow" (of all people) to the franchise, this move was very much needed. I'm sure it'll blow the other two sequels out of the water.

Up

Rating: 7/10
Reasoning: I've missed the last two Pixar movies but I actually kinda wanna see this one. Maybe its the 3D that gets me, who knows?

Race to Witch Mountain

Rating: 7/10
Reasoning: Still having mixed feelings about this one. I saw one of the older remakes when I was a kid and loved it so I'm not too sure about this one. Could be worth a bootleg (or a download...).

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Rating: 8/10
Reasoning: G.I. Joe is popular anyway and this actually looks like a pretty cool action movie. Wouldn't be surprised if I was spotted in a movie theater somewhere seeing this.


And there you have it. Thoughts? Opinions? Go comment!

1 comment:

  1. good reviews there, chris
    i'd definitely see monsters vs. aliens.. maybe a monday night adventure??? =D
    i agree completely with your opinion on year one, but i didn't think it was funny from the first time i saw it.
    the only movies for me that i want to see based off the previews was monsters vs. aliens, GI joe, and up. not that many good ones, superbowl.. lol

    ps: i <3 hulu =D

    ReplyDelete